Winter wonderland at Park Gstaad.
Winter is a magical time of the year. The snow turns houses and trees into sparkling sculptures, we all are waiting for miracles and Santa! :) Switzerland has so much to offer for an unforgettable experience within this white season.
I want to share my latest experience at the beautiful hotel Park Gstaad – an authentic chalet-style 5-star hotel.
Park Gstaad lies in the heart of the Swiss Alps, surrounded by spectacular mountains and forests. The village Gstaad is a prestigious holiday destination, located at 1,000 metres in the Bernese Oberland. A number of world-famous sport events (like Swiss Open Gstaad, Hublot Polo Gold Cup Gstaad and etc.) take place here. Hotel’s exterior and interior have authentic alpine design, with elegant details, combined with modern technology.
Good to know:
- The hotel was open in 1910.
- To mark the 100th anniversary in 2010, the famous interior designer Federica Palacios redecorated the entire property.
- In 2017, the hotel’s signature restaurant “Avenue Montagne” got a new look and concept.
- This luxurious mountain resort consists of 84 rooms and 10 suites, of which “My Gstaad Chalet” is the largest suite facility of the Swiss Alps, a 400m² penthouse suite over two floors.
- Park Gstaad has four restaurants: Chubut, Avenue Montagne, Chalet Waldhuus and Caveau. Additionally, you can enjoy a glass of a nice drink at the Bar, Cigar Lounge, Library or at the Park Gstaad’s Winter Dome.
- The hotel offers the 1,000m² spa and full spa facilities, also indoor and outdoor pool, gym and indoor golf simulator.
- Park Gstaad rememberers and appreciates its rich heritage, and that’s why still has one fully operated original lift.
- The hotel is a member of Swiss Deluxe Hotels. The group of 40 luxurious hotels in Switzerland, that offer their guests the best quality, highest standards and exclusive services.
- Book a room, check more info about the hotel and its facilities you may find on the Park Gstaad’s official website.
In December, I was honoured to be present at opening of newly redecorated “Avenue Montagne”.
Designed by renowned interior designer Federica Palacios, the restaurant “Avenue Montagne” welcomes guests in a new stylish space concept, with an open kitchen and its new “Avenue Montagne Lounge”. Federica designed the restaurant in a fresh and elegant way with alpine touches. I felt very cosy and comfortable there. It has almost homy atmosphere, and yet deluxe quality and service.
The restaurant is featuring new menus from Executive Chef Axel Rudlin. He earned a title “Chef of the Year 2017” by the renowned Swiss business magazine “Bilanz”. Chef Axel promises to deliver a true taste of the region, featuring sustainable products sourced directly from the best local artisans.
Furthermore, during winter season guests and visitors of the hotel can enjoy Park Gstaad’s Winter Dome.
It’s located just in front of the hotel, next to the hotel’s private ice-rink. You can refresh and relax with a glass of Laurent Perrier Champagne, glühwein or hot chocolate, while watching skaters on the ice-skating rink. DJ provides some cool music. Thus, it has everything for a wonderful time.
Although Gstaad is not very high in the mountains, it has a decent amount of snow, especially this year, when it’s snowing a lot in the mountains all around the country. Therefore, it is a great place for fun activities and new discoveries.
You are always welcome to share your winter experience in the comments below, under the article.
I WISH YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.
More useful information for travelling -> TRAVELLING PAGE.