OMEGA Europeans Masters is taking place on August 29 – September 1, 2019, at the Golf Club Crans-sur-Sierre in Crans-Montana, Switzerland.
It was one of the first golf tournaments I attended a few years ago and definitely the one hard to beat. Not only because it’s one of the most prestigious and oldest golf tournaments in Europe, but also because of the venue it takes place at. In fact, absolutely breathtaking panorama of Swiss Alps from the golf club Crans-sur-Sierre and the charming atmosphere of the town, transform this exciting tournament into remarkable experience.
Crans-Montana is a municipality in the district of Sierre, located in the heart of Swiss Alps, in southwestern Switzerland, in the canton of Valais. Besides annual golf competition, the area is also well-known as a ski resort for winter-sport competitions and exquisite holiday destination.
in 2019, OMEGA EUROPEANS MASTERS celebrates 80 years at the GOLF CLUB CRANS-SUR-SIERRE. that makes it the longest played golf tournament at the same course in Europe and the second in the world.
To mark this occasion alongside Omega’s 125th anniversary, the logo of the tournament has changed. Now, it will merge the emblem of this stunning golf course – the Weisshorn mountain. “European” has disappeared from the logo, however, remains present in the name of the competition.
Remarkably, around 150 professional players will compete for the famous “red jacket” and the Omega European Masters trophy. Among them such the top players like, Rory McIlroy (held #1 status in the world for 95 weeks, currently world #3 and winner of 4 majors), Sergio Garcia (winner of the Masters Tournament in 2017), Matthew Fitzpatrick (2 times winner at the Omega European Masters, in 2017 & 2018), Tommy Fleetwood (2nd place finish at the Open Championship 2019 and U.S. Open in 2018, currently 4th on the European Tour), Lee Westwood (former world #1), Pádraig Harrington, Danny Willett, Bernd Wiesberger and others.
Good to know:
- Location and road details: Crans-Montana is located above Sierre. So, it takes approximately 3 hours to get to the Golf Club Crans-sur-Sierre from Zurich HB. You could take following train connections: Zurich – Visp – Sierre/Siders (approximately 2 hours 20 min). And then take a funicular or a bus.
- Buses: running regularly between Sierre and Crans-Montana. Bus trip takes around 40 min.
- Funicular details: direct funicular from Sierre to Montana Gare runs every hour (13:45; 14:45…). The trip takes about 15 minutes. Prices, adults: one way ticket – 13.00 CHF; round trip – 26.00 CHF. More details about Sierre – Montana Gare funicular you can find on the official website.
- GA is valid on both funicular and busses. Detailed information about trains, buses, tickets and timetables you can always find on the SBB official website.
- Entry tickets for the tournament: depends on the day, from CHF 50.- to CHF 70.-, per person. Also, there are combined entry offers for the golf week (29.08-01.09.2019 – CHF 160.-) and the golf weekend (31.08-01.09.2019 – CHF 110.-).
With sport professionals participation, the tournament promises to be an exceptional event. In addition, the price of 450 000€ for the winner, as well as attendance of over 6000 VIPs and celebrities, make Omega European Masters one of the most glamorous events of this summer.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH