Zurich OPERA HOUSE invites everyone to CELEBRATE THE START OF THE SEASON on SEPTEMBER 22, 2018.
An open-doors day has become a good tradition for Zurich Opera House (Zürich Opernhaus). Throughout the day citizens and guests of the city could enjoy marvellous architecture, amazing performances and get sneak peek behind the scenes.
Zürich Opernhaus was built in 1891, but its history begins even earlier, in 1834 with an «Actien-Theater». However in 1890, the old «Actien-Theater» was burnt down and replaced by a new building, which we can admire today.
Fellner and Helmer have designed this gorgeous building. On one hand, it shows an elegant neo-classical façade, decorated with busts of Wagner, Mozart and Shakespeare. On the other hand, inside you would find a sophisticated neo-rococo interior with a main auditorium for around 1200 people.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Date: Saturday, September 22, 2018.
- Location: Sechseläutenplatz 1, 8001, Zurich.
- All the events throughout the day are free of charge.
- Beginning at 10:00 am.
- Keep in mind, the seats for performances are limited. The tickets will be given 30 minutes before the performances. Therefore, you should come to the ticket-pavilions earlier.
- While access to the building is not related to the performances and permitted all the day long.
- We can’t imagine a theater without decorations. Hence, you would have a chance to check these spectacular creations at the decorations department (Werkstatten Opernhaus), located on the Seerosenstrasse, 4.
- Also, don’t miss the costume department. You will get an unforgettable experience learning about absolutely mesmerising textiles and costumes.
- This year, there will be a premier of a children’s opera Konrad oder Das Kind aus der Konservenbüchse (Konrad or the Tin Can Child) on the Studio Stage.
- The rehearsal of the opera «Macbeth» by Giuseppe Verdi will take place on the main stage at 7 pm.
- More details and the complete program you may find on the Opernhaus official website.
INTERESTING PROGRAM ON THE DAY OF THE SEASON OPENING PARTY
Without doubts, the whole family would enjoy this event. First of all, there are a lot of workshops, concerts and activities for kids. Also, you can get a guided tour behind the scenes, attend different performances and workshops. As always, ballet halls offer open ballet trainings and probations. Furthermore, the warehouse and workshop welcome everyone. Finally, you can learn about history and craftsmanship behind the most impressive decorations and costumes.
I wish you a wonderful experience at zurich opera house! above all, a great time with your family and beloved ones.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH