NOT BASIC, Swiss Sustainable Design Studio is a young growing team of like-minded people, who share the same passion for sustainability and unique interior design
We started this project with the wellbeing of our planet in mind. At first, we tried to recycle the textile waste, but after a while realised that stimulating people to buy even more clothes, even though it’s sustainable, didn’t line up with our vision. At the same time, we have already had some upcycled limited editions decorations, which give a unique character and our signature sustainable vision to the interior designs. So, what once started as a humble idea to reuse and recycle a pickle jar, fast evolved into a real passion and a new vision for home decoration. Each item is carefully sourced and designed, thus no two pieces are ever the same.
Good to know:
- NOT BASIC Swiss Sustainable Design Studio upcycles glass and cardboard pieces into elegant interior design decorations.
- We support 3R approach: Reduce-Reuse-Recycle.
- You can create a truly unique interior as we produce only limited editions & collections.
- NOT BASIC products are designed and handcrafted in Zurich, Switzerland.
- We work in the vintage style, using Découpage technique.
- 10% from each item sale we donate to the Cancer Research Foundation of Switzerland.
- We also organise regular workshops, guiding people in producing their own sustainable masterpieces, get inspired and evoke their artistic edge.
- You can use these exclusive accessories as vases, candle holders, plant pots, holders for fragrance sticks or just as an elegant deco.
- Check the collections on the NOT BASIC Online Store. Moreover, you can always use the direct NOT BASIC STORE button on World of Julia Home Page.
- Join our sustainable community. Follow NOT BASIC on Instagram and Facebook.
Don’t follow fashion, instead create your own unique style
While the process of interior decoration is exciting and fun, it also faces some challenges. Your aim should be to reveal your design ideas elegantly and tastefully, but also express your creativity and imagination. Taking your time to understand architecture, to feel the space, to find your perfect colour palette and select the right furnishing, will help you to build the space with its own special atmosphere. When it comes to exhibiting that personal touch, there is nothing more important than paying attention to details. In fact, small items like vases, candle holders, organising boxes and plants would make a big difference. We, therefore, invite you to introduce NOT BASIC limited editions, exquisite upcycled interior decorations to your sustainable lifestyle.
DESIGNED AND HANDCRAFTED IN SWITZERLAND
As a founder and a creative designer behind NOT BASIC, I believe that sustainability is a meaningful lifetime journey, not a destination. In fact, we can reduce, reuse and recycle so many materials around us, building healthy, beautiful and personalised environment. With that in mind, we create limited editions, each tells its story, each story is an extraordinary experience. We source, carefully prepare and hand-decorate each item in our workshop in Zurich, Switzerland. We are also constantly working on extending the range of sustainable products we could offer, developing new ways of recycling even more materials.
With NOT BASIC vases and candle holders, You can also organise a colourful memorable picnics all year long!
Showcase your style and share with us your NOT BASiC DESIGNS in the COMMENTS below!
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.