NOT BASIC, FROM WASTE TO GRACE!
I’m super excited to share my new project with you guys. The idea is to create a sustainable brand by picking up textile waste of premium cotton and turning it into elegant clothing. At first, we started with T-shirts, and hopefully over time will add more designs and collections.
For creating our basic T-Shirts we come up with a not basic approach. We pick up premium cotton fabrics in Turkey, that are leftovers from big productions, otherwise would go to waste and pollute environment, and turn them into elegant, ready to wear T-Shirts.
Good to know:
- NOT BASIC T-Shirts are made of an elastic and breathable fabric, knitted out of 100% finest Turkish premium cotton.
- We support 3R approach: Reduce-Reuse-Recycle.
- In order to minimise the waste, we don’t use any labels, that are usually just getting cut by consumers. Instead, we apply a skin safe ink for logo, info and customised stamps. The ink doesn’t contain any harmful substances or acids. Hence, in time will get a vintage look for more authentic design.
- The brand offers T-shirts with different customised stamps for not basic style. Furthermore, we regularly update the collection of stamps with new designs.
- NOT BASIC tries to be as sustainable as possible, including endorsement of smart care, sorting and cleaning the textile beforehand. Thus, the T-Shirts are ready to wear.
- Sport enthusiasts would especially appreciate our wide-shoulders-cut.
- Furthermore, the brand offers free shipping worldwide.
- You may check the NOT BASIC collections in the online store. Moreover, you can always use the direct store button on the home page of World of Julia.
- Join our sustainable community. Follow NOT BASIC on Instagram and Facebook.
NOT BASIC T-SHIRTS ARE DESIGNED AND HANDCRAFTED IN SWITZERLAND.
10% FROM EACH T-SHIRT SALE we DONATE TO the CANCER RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF SWITZERLAND (STIFTUNG KREBSFORSCHUNG SCHWEIZ)
SUSTAINABLE FASHION IS THE FUTURE. IT’S A NEW DEFINITION FOR BEING ELEGANT, STYLISH AND FASHIONABLE.
Water is a fundamental element in our life. People use it not only for obvious needs like drinking and cooking, but also in all global industries and agriculture manufactures. The volume of water that used in textile production is huge. For example, cotton consumption is responsible for 2,6% of global water use. Globally, the quality and quantity of fresh water are becoming scarcer, and it is time for us to make a difference. That’s why we can’t affort to waste fabrics and textiles.
Another food for thought, is the fact that fashion is the second dirtiest industry, after Oil, on the planet. Nowadays, the world is facing a problem of gigantic harm that fashion puts on environment. Sustainable fashion makes its first steps to create a system for increasing usage of recycling fabrics, natural materials, sustainable textile from waste and etc.
Good to know:
- The global average water footprint for producing 1 kg of cotton is 10,000 litres, with approximately 2,700 litres needed for a standard cotton t-shirt (According to UNESCO-IHE, The Water Footprint of Cotton Consumption, Value of Water, Research Report Series No. 18, A.K. Chapagain A.Y. Hoekstra H.H.G. Savenije R. Gautam).
- Every year, big factories have tonnes of textile leftovers, that would end up in the waste.
- 92 million tonnes of textile waste was produced by the global fashion industry in 2015, which corresponds to more than 12 kg per person.
- Over half of used textiles in the EU still end up in mixed household waste destined for landfills (70%) or incineration (30%).
- 20% is the average textile collection rate globally, with the other 80 % ending in landfills and/or being incinerated.
- Fast fashion is especially harmful for our planet. The massive production of low quality products and fast changing trends, lead to fast clothes trash, as a result an environment pollution.
Solution is in our attitude and habits:
- Choose sustainable brands, and quality over quantity. And remember, vintage and authentic designs are always in trend.
- Don’t just follow fashion, create you own style instead. It will certainly help to reduce overconsumption.
- Recycle and donate as much as you can.
- Support smart care of your clothes. That would include reconsidering washing and ironing habits.
We try to re-establish the meaning of everyday luxury, vintage and basic designs. If this is your lifestyle, you will enjoy our bold designs.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.