This aromatic homemade basil-rucola pesto takes only 5 minutes to cook, but will enrich any of your dishes (veggies, pizza, pasta, quinoa…) with its beautiful fresh herbal aroma and amazing taste.
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil and 1 big bunch of fresh rucola;
- 1 garlic clove;
- 2 handfuls of pine nuts (around 100g);
- 2 good handfuls (around 100g) of freshly grated Parmesan cheese;
- Extra virgin olive oil;
- Black pepper;
- Pasta of your choice.
- Lightly toast the pine nuts until slightly golden, put aside to cool down.
- Pick and thoroughly wash the basil and rucola leaves.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put the basil and rucola leaves into a food processor. Add the garlic clove together with a pinch of salt and black pepper, the pine nuts and a good splash of olive oil.
- Pulse until forming a paste.
- Pour the pesto into a bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Your might need to add a bit of oil, just enough to get your sauce an oozy consistency.
- Taste your pesto, if necessary add a bit more cheese or olive oil, until you are happy with the taste and texture.
- Place a big pot with water on a high heat. Bring it to boil. Add a good pinch of salt to the boiling water. Add the pasta and cook as recommended on the package until al dente.
- Mix your aromatic pesto and pasta together. Enjoy!
NB! If you don’t finish all your pesto at once, save it for later. Wrap it up in the greaseproof paper to make a log. Put into a freezer for a couple of hours. Then, unwrap it and slice into separate portions (if you really have a lot of pesto). Finally, re-wrap and put it back to the freezer. It would be good for up to 3 months.
More recipes you may always find on our FOOD page.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.