This aromatic homemade basil-rucola pesto takes only 5 minutes to cook, but will enrich with its beautiful herbal aroma any of your dishes.
In this recipe, I add my pesto to the Farfalle pasta, but you can use it in any dish you like (veggies, pizza, pasta, quinoa…)
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil (if you decide to go without rucola, then take one good bunch of fresh basil);
- ½ a bunch of fresh rucola;
- ½ a clove garlic;
- 1 handful of pine nuts;
- 1 good handful of grated Parmesan cheese;
- Extra virgin olive oil;
- Black pepper;
- Pasta of your choice (I use Farfalle, a type of pasta also known as bow-tie or butterflies pasta).
- Lightly toast the pine nuts until slightly golden, put aside to cool down.
- Pick and thoroughly wash the basil and rucola leaves.
- Peel the garlic.
- Put the basil and rucola leaves into a food processor. Add a half of the garlic clove together with a pinch of salt and black pepper, the pine nuts and good splash of olive oil.
- Pulse until forming a paste.
- Pour the pesto into a bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Your might need to add a bit of oil, just enough to get your sauce an oozy consistency.
- Taste your pesto, if necessary add a bit more cheese or olive oil, until you are happy with the taste and texture.
- Place a big pot with water on a high heat. Bring it to boil . Add a good pinch of salt to the boiling water. Add the pasta and cook as recommended on the package until al dente.
- Mix your aromatic pesto and pasta together. Enjoy!
- If you don’t finish all the pesto, it could be stored in the fridge in the airtight container for a couple of days.
More recipes you may always find on our FOOD page.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me -> GET IN TOUCH.