Fennel-Carrot soup is a bowl of happiness.
This tasty aromatic soup is a great source of good mood and vitamins. Also, you can easily turn it into vegetarian version by replacing the cream with a coconut or almond milk.
- Carrots – 500 g
- Fennel – 1 bulb
- Sweet potato – 1 pcs
- Onion – 1 bulb
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Chilli – 1/2 of a pod
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Vegetable stock – around 1.5 litres
- Single cream – 100 ml
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/375˚F/gas 5.
- Wash the carrots and fennel.
- Peel the carrots, sweet potato and onion, slice them into big chunks. Also, trim the fennel and chop it into quarters.
- Place vegetables on a roasting dish, splash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes. Then add the half of chilli pod as well as unpeeled and slightly smashed garlic cloves. Stir everything well and return to the oven for 20 minutes more.
- Remove veg from the oven. Carefully take away and discard the papery skins from the garlic cloves. Put your yummy smelling roasted vegetables in a large pot with the hot vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes, then liquidise with a blender, until silky and smooth.
- Taste and regulate thickness and seasoning of the soup to your taste by adding hot water and salt if needed.
- While serving add a curl of cream to a bowl. Alternatively, if you serve it all at once, you can add all cream to the pot and mix it thoroughly. Finally, decorate your soup with slices of roasted carrots.