Energy Boost Breakfast is an easy, fast and balanced meal that takes only 4 minutes and 4 ingredients to prepare. It gives you all necessary energy to start your day.
Of course you know, that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But it takes sometime to discipline, find time and make a habit out of it. However now, I can’t imagine my day starting without it. Moreover, I always have a bag of my oatmeal with me while traveling, so I could prepare it during long flights, at airports or hotels.
- Cereals of your choice (I prefer mix of 5 cereals) – 2-3 tbsp
- Linen seeds – 2 tsp
- Chia seeds – 2 tsp
- Cranberries (or really any dry berries or fruits you like) – 2 tsp
- Put the cereals in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add cold water until it covers the cereals and about 2 cm above it.
- Place the bowl in the microwave. It is a game-changer! This great trick of boiling oatmeal in the microwave instead of stove I’ve learned while traveling in the USA. The time of cooking may vary depends on how powerful your microwave is. I usually put it for 3 minutes on 600 W. You should see your cereals boiling, but not overflowing.
- In mean time, prepare your coffee or tea.
- Be careful, the bowl will be hot, so use heat-resistant gloves to pick it up from microwave.
- Add linen and chia seeds to the oatmeal, as well as dry cranberries. Mix well together.
- Enjoy your breakfast! :)
- If for some reason you don’t have a microwave, you can also just boil water in the kettle, add the hot water to the bowl with your oatmeal and place a lid or a bigger flat plate over it. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- I find it more convenient to cook my oatmeal with water, however, you can switch to milk if you like it better.
- You can also add your favourite nuts and seeds.
- If you like, you can use fresh seasonal berries and fruits.
- I don’t use any sweeteners, however you may add a bit of honey if you like.